VCAL is underpinned by the following curriculum principles:
- Student-centred approaches and decision-making regarding program design, delivery and evaluation.
- Opportunities for experiential learning and skill development through activities that is structured and outcome based.
- Programs are designed with relevance to personal strengths and experiences which caters to diverse needs.
- Programs are designed to build resilience, confidence, and self-worth working on strengthening connections within the wider community.
- Programs are designed to complement and pursue a range of pathway options.
- Ticket to Work – School Based Traineeships.
- Hands on Learning Programs.
At our senior campus the SPEC curriculum focuses on building skills and capacities in the areas of:
- Life skills
- PMLD (Sensory Modules)
These modules provide a framework for the development and demonstration of general capabilities:
- Personal and social capability
- ICT communication information and technology
- Intercultural understanding
- Critical and creative thinking
- Ethical behaviour