School Wide Positive Behaviour Support (SW-PBS) is an approach used to create a safe and productive learning environment where all students can achieve. The SWPBS framework is founded on a positive approach to whole school wellbeing with targeted approaches for students with higher levels of need.
The benefits for students and staff are:
- increased respectful and positive behavior
- increased time focused on instruction
- improved social-emotional wellbeing
- positive and respectful relationships among students and staff
- increased adoption of evidence-based instructional practices
- a predictable learning environment with improved perceptions of safety and increased attendance
At Marnebek School the values of Resilience, Respect, Responsibility, and Safety can be observed in all areas of the school and can be found on our Behavioural Expectation Matrix.